2011年10月2日星期日

Raekwon Talks Cuban Linx II, Return of the Wu-Tang Clan

"Im a lyrical cat, man. Ill tell the fans right now: If youre not really looking for lyrics or Rosetta Stone Outlet strong content and music, I might not be the goon for you, but Im going back to my essence," Wu-Tang Clans Raekwon tells Rosetta Stone of his upcoming album Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II, the sequel to his 1995 rap masterpiece, which comes out August 11th. Rae says work began on the LP two years ago, when he went on the prowl for quality beats. "I was hunting for good production and we came out real good with a variety of strong music that really is gonna be a classic album Ive been listening to a lot of other peoples albums, and when I tell you that my album is so left field, its gonna be lovely," gloats Raekwon. "The more that I think about it and I listen to other peoples stuff, not trying to pay judgment on other peoples shit but, at the end of the day, my shit is killing motherfucking shit."As evidenced Cheap Rosetta Stone V3 by his steady stream of recent mixtape gems and OB4CLIIs first single "New Wu," which features Clan members Ghostface Killah and Method Man, Raekwon is bringing back the classic Wu sound. "I didnt want to have one of these radio-friendly songs with the perfect hooks, my thing is that I just wanted to capture the element of real hip-hop again, like we did when we first started back in 93, and keep that legacy alive," Raekwon Da Chef says. "Every time you think of a Wu song or sound that we always come with, and that was my main focus with this album, to show everyone we make timeless music."Even though the original Cuban Linx was produced exclusively by Wus in-house production genius the RZA, Rae wanted to spread the production around this time, recruiting an all-star team of producers like Marley Rosetta Stone Greek Marl, DJ Scratch, the late J Dilla, Erick Sermon and, most notably, Dr. Dre. "Busta Rhymes was on Dres label Aftermath, me and Busta are good friends, and I said, I need to get Dre on this album. And he made it happen," Rae says, adding that he and Dre were mutual fans of each others work. "It was history after that. He came in with something classical." As for that tracks title, Raekwon says, "I gotta keep a couple things under my coat." Dont worry Wu fans: RZA still executive produces the album and contributes some beats. "I started out a soldier, now Im a Cheap Rosetta Stone V3 general. At the end of the day, RZAs input was definitely there, but I wanted to spread this out, I didnt want to put it on one mans back.

0 评论:

发表评论

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More